My journey to Norway.




My journey to Norway.

It started as an imagination the first time I had that I was coming to Norway, I was doing my internship at Community volunteer initiative for Development (COVOID) then there came an opportunity where they announced students to go for an exchange and they wanted someone who had finished  completed high school and below 25, I applied and started the processes of coming to Norway. When the day came that is in august I set my self to come as you know by that time there is a lot of excitement I was not reaming coming. The journey started at Entebbe airport where I was supposed to take the first plane from, guess what was in my heart and what happened after I entered the plane, as the plane set off on its way in the space I started praying all the prayers I learnt since I was growing. The far it went in the space it started bouncing hits the space and shaking then I said to my self “ am dying” and I was thinking how can I call my parent home to tell her my last word that am dying, remember when you are in the space the phone goes in airplane mode you can’t make calls until it goes nearby the ground but thank God I reached safely without any disturbances on the way.
That one above is the first shock, here comes the next one. Once again on the plane the food they served was strange to my mouth since it was the first time to see and travel by plane I managed to staff but good enough I had packed biscuits with me, so I had to survive on them until the end of the journey but before I left the plane remember there is that time of easing myself, I went to the toilet in the plane and after I had finished doing my business I had to flash for it to go and here comes another shock where the flashing water had a big and scaring voice and guess what? In my heart as I was still inside the toilet I thought the plane had made the plane crash.
Now those scenarios of the plane are finished, there comes another shock. When I reached the last air port that is Kristianstad (Kjevik) I found this lovely lady my coordinator “Nine” she welcomed me very well and I was excited to reach Norway since it was my first time, I was so hungry as I couldn’t imagine. Then she told me that they had prepared a very nice meal for me at school since they have been waiting for me since morning. Reaching school, I found potatoes and white fish where the way of preparing it was very different to what I knew before. So, I couldn’t dare to eat but slowly by slowly the same food that I couldn’t eat later it became my favorite.
I have I a lot to say but let me rest my case for now.
 God bless everyone reading this.
Amen

      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My personal reflection being on an exchange in Norway.

My experience in Norway